POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Alpha channels in batch renders? : Re: Alpha channels in batch renders? Server Time
1 Jun 2024 20:28:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alpha channels in batch renders?
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 26 Jan 2002 06:00:19
Message: <3c528c43@news.povray.org>
In article <B876EF8A.FBB1%pku### [at] maccom> , Paul Kuehn <pku### [at] maccom>
wrote:

> Yes, it's turned on in the Render settings, Compression is _not_ checked.
> I'm opening the image in Photoshop. The alpha channel is definitely there
> when I manually save the image after rendering is complete, but if I open
> the file that was automatically saved upon completion, there is no alpha
> channel.

You are right, it turns out there is no alpha channel generated for Pict
images.  Interesting that nobody noticed this in over three years...
So, using batch render you can't get the alpha channel, sorry.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde