POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : mac versions. Server Time
4 May 2024 10:52:30 EDT (-0400)
  mac versions. (Message 1 to 10 of 16)
From: David Burnett
Subject: mac versions.
Date: 8 Sep 2002 17:09:48
Message: <3d7bbc9c$1@news.povray.org>
I've had a little play compiling the UNIX version for the
Mac, after finally getting my head around some library problems,
and finding out that none of the ./configure options for compiling
without X actually work (configure says X disabled, Makefile says
compile in povxlib.c) I found some interesting-ish results.

Based on biscuit.pov...

The command line version parses much faster 2 seconds cf  16 seconds

The offical version renders faster 9 seconds cf 15 seconds.

I'll try it on a bigger file soon, is benchmark.pov suitable for
benchmarking parsing or can someone suggest a better scene.

Dave

Post a reply to this message

Could you, or someone else, please detail the steps you used to compile
this for those of us who have never tried such things?

James

In article <3d7bbc9c$1@news.povray.org>, David Burnett
<var### [at] ntlworldcom> wrote:

> I've had a little play compiling the UNIX version for the
> Mac, after finally getting my head around some library problems,
> and finding out that none of the ./configure options for compiling
> without X actually work (configure says X disabled, Makefile says
> compile in povxlib.c) I found some interesting-ish results.
>

> Based on biscuit.pov...
>
> The command line version parses much faster 2 seconds cf  16 seconds
>
> The offical version renders faster 9 seconds cf 15 seconds.
>
> I'll try it on a bigger file soon, is benchmark.pov suitable for
> benchmarking parsing or can someone suggest a better scene.
>
> Dave

Post a reply to this message