POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : mac versions. : Re: mac versions. Server Time
18 May 2024 08:33:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mac versions.
From: David Burnett
Date: 17 Nov 2002 09:52:28
Message: <3dd7ad2c$1@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 16 Nov 2002 12:50:19 +0000, James Gray wrote:

First you'll be glad to know you're not alone with the
x86 options thing, there's a guy with the same complaint
in povray.programming

> jpeg_pov.cpp:142:21: jpeglib.h: No such file or directory

I'm afraid your going to look for jpeglib.h on your hard drive.
I appear to have a three copies, probably due to fink source
based installs after building the library myself.

look in /sw/includes/ first, thats where fink would have installed
a copy, also look in /usr/local/includes which is the 'right' place
as far as unices are concerned.

Now this is stretching my 'make' knowledge but I think the best
thing to do is add

-I /sw/includes

to the CCXFLAGS line in src/makefile (assuming that fink installed
acopy there) I'm not sure this is the best place for it but it
should work there, and I think -I is a compiler option.

Dave