POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : mac versions. : Re: mac versions. Server Time
18 May 2024 06:45:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mac versions.
From: James Gray
Date: 18 Nov 2002 12:02:16
Message: <junk-1811021102160001@ip68-97-75-252.ok.ok.cox.net>
In article <3dd7ad2c$1@news.povray.org>, David Burnett
<var### [at] ntlworldcom> wrote:

> On Sat, 16 Nov 2002 12:50:19 +0000, James Gray wrote:
>
> First you'll be glad to know you're not alone with the
> x86 options thing, there's a guy with the same complaint
> in povray.programming

Yeah, unfortunately it's looking to me like the command line install has a
long way to go.

> > jpeg_pov.cpp:142:21: jpeglib.h: No such file or directory
>
> I'm afraid your going to look for jpeglib.h on your hard drive.
> I appear to have a three copies, probably due to fink source
> based installs after building the library myself.
>
> look in /sw/includes/ first, thats where fink would have installed
> a copy, also look in /usr/local/includes which is the 'right' place
> as far as unices are concerned.

It's in the fink location, as you suspected.

> Now this is stretching my 'make' knowledge but I think the best
> thing to do is add
>
> -I /sw/includes

This, -I /sw/includes/jpeglib.h, and -include /sw/includes/jpeglib.h all
appear to have no effect.  I get the exact same errors, when it runs into
the jpeg file.

Other ideas?

James