POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : mac versions. : mac versions. Server Time
18 May 2024 08:58:59 EDT (-0400)
  mac versions.
From: David Burnett
Date: 8 Sep 2002 17:09:48
Message: <3d7bbc9c$1@news.povray.org>
I've had a little play compiling the UNIX version for the
Mac, after finally getting my head around some library problems,
and finding out that none of the ./configure options for compiling
without X actually work (configure says X disabled, Makefile says
compile in povxlib.c) I found some interesting-ish results.

Based on biscuit.pov...

The command line version parses much faster 2 seconds cf  16 seconds

The offical version renders faster 9 seconds cf 15 seconds.

I'll try it on a bigger file soon, is benchmark.pov suitable for
benchmarking parsing or can someone suggest a better scene.

Dave