POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Did Friedrich A. Lohmueller pass away? Server Time
27 Apr 2024 16:57:18 EDT (-0400)
  Did Friedrich A. Lohmueller pass away? (Message 9 to 18 of 18)
From: yesbird
Subject: Re: Did Friedrich A. Lohmueller pass away?
Date: 20 Mar 2023 14:56:57
Message: <fed077c2-322e-7f7b-975a-9246c177a0d8@gmail.com>
On 20/03/2023 19:30, Cousin Ricky wrote:
> There is a mirror at <https://povlab.online/povtutorial/>.
You may also like this books:

3D Animation with POV-Ray:
https://povlab.online/animtutorial/

Isosurface Tutorial (by Mike Williams):
https://povlab.online/isotutorial/
--
YB

Post a reply to this message

From: Chris Cason
Date: 18 Feb 2024 22:45:42
Message: <65d2cee6$1@news.povray.org>
Folks,

Just wanted to formally let you know that Friedrich's widow, Andrea, was willing to
transfer the f-lohmueller.de domain to us and we were able to reconstruct it via a
snapshot from the internet archive.

The domain is now hosted on povray.org. A number of changes were needed to make it
suitable for re-hosting, including removing outdated or broken components (e.g. the
hit counter) but it's fundamentally identical; we took a "light touch" approach in the
migration.

There is a memorial page added which is linked from the front page.

I'd like to thank Andrea for her assistance in transferring the domain and forum
regular JR for doing the majority of the work in getting the snapshot I grabbed into a
form suitable for re-hosting.

https://www.f-lohmueller.de/

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message

On 2024-02-18 23:44 (-4), Chris Cason wrote:

> Just wanted to formally let you know that Friedrich's widow, Andrea, was
> willing to transfer the f-lohmueller.de domain to us and we were able to
> reconstruct it via a snapshot from the internet archive.
>
> [snip]
>
> I'd like to thank Andrea for her assistance in transferring the domain
> and forum regular JR for doing the majority of the work in getting the
> snapshot I grabbed into a form suitable for re-hosting.

Awesome!  Thanks!

Post a reply to this message

> Just wanted to formally let you know that Friedrich's widow, Andrea, was willing to
transfer the f-lohmueller.de domain to us and we were able to reconstruct it via a
snapshot from the internet archive.

> The domain is now hosted on povray.org. A number of changes were needed to make it
suitable for re-hosting, including removing outdated or broken components (e.g. the
hit counter) but it's fundamentally identical; we took a "light touch" approach in the
migration.

> There is a memorial page added which is linked from the front page.
>
> I'd like to thank Andrea for her assistance in transferring the domain and forum
regular JR for doing the majority of the work in getting the snapshot I grabbed into a
form suitable for re-hosting.

> https://www.f-lohmueller.de/
>
> -- Chris

great news. congratulations

--
Kurtz le pirate
Compagnie de la Banquise

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 20 Feb 2024 02:15:11
Message: <65d4517f$1@news.povray.org>
Op 19/02/2024 om 04:44 schreef Chris Cason:
> Folks,
>
> Just wanted to formally let you know that Friedrich's widow, Andrea, was
> willing to transfer the f-lohmueller.de domain to us and we were able to
> reconstruct it via a snapshot from the internet archive.
>
> [snip]
>
> There is a memorial page added which is linked from the front page.
>
> I'd like to thank Andrea for her assistance in transferring the domain
> and forum regular JR for doing the majority of the work in getting the
> snapshot I grabbed into a form suitable for re-hosting.

Thank you very much Chris and jr for your commitment and work on this. I
believe that the availability again of Friedrich's work is a great
memorial for him.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Droj
Date: 20 Feb 2024 14:34:27
Message: <65d4fec3$1@news.povray.org>
Am 19.02.2024 um 04:44 schrieb Chris Cason:
> Folks,
>
> Just wanted to formally let you know that Friedrich's widow, Andrea, was
> willing to transfer the f-lohmueller.de domain to us and we were able to
> reconstruct it via a snapshot from the internet archive.
>
> The domain is now hosted on povray.org. A number of changes were needed
> to make it suitable for re-hosting, including removing outdated or
> broken components (e.g. the hit counter) but it's fundamentally
> identical; we took a "light touch" approach in the migration.
>
> There is a memorial page added which is linked from the front page.
>
> I'd like to thank Andrea for her assistance in transferring the domain
> and forum regular JR for doing the majority of the work in getting the
> snapshot I grabbed into a form suitable for re-hosting.
>
> https://www.f-lohmueller.de/
>
> -- Chris

Great job - Chris and jr! So I can delete the backup on my PC.

Droj

Post a reply to this message

From: Paolo Gibellini
Date: 23 Feb 2024 12:08:45
Message: <65d8d11d@news.povray.org>
Il 19/02/2024 04:44, Chris Cason ha scritto:
> Folks,
>
> Just wanted to formally let you know that Friedrich's widow, Andrea, was
> willing to transfer the f-lohmueller.de domain to us and we were able to
> reconstruct it via a snapshot from the internet archive.
>
> The domain is now hosted on povray.org. A number of changes were needed
> to make it suitable for re-hosting, including removing outdated or
> broken components (e.g. the hit counter) but it's fundamentally
> identical; we took a "light touch" approach in the migration.
>
> There is a memorial page added which is linked from the front page.
>
> I'd like to thank Andrea for her assistance in transferring the domain
> and forum regular JR for doing the majority of the work in getting the
> snapshot I grabbed into a form suitable for re-hosting.
>
> https://www.f-lohmueller.de/
>
> -- Chris

Thanks, Chris, I think it's a good way to keep his teaching online. I -
and I think many of us - received great inspiration from him.

Paolo

Post a reply to this message

From: jr
Date: 2 Mar 2024 08:05:00
Message: <web.65e32361a29b5d919764edb76cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

> Folks,

my belated thanks to Chris, Andrea, and Thorsten, who took care of all the ..
cumbersome legal stuff, leaving me to do the nice bits :-).

as the whole project was "demand driven", I also want to thank all who took, and
continue to take, an interest in the FL site.

fyi, as of today, there have been visits from 173 different countries.

regards, jr.

Post a reply to this message

From: William F Pokorny
Date: 2 Mar 2024 09:51:23
Message: <65e33ceb$1@news.povray.org>
On 3/2/24 08:02, jr wrote:
> fyi, as of today, there have been visits from 173 different countries.

Anyone from Christmas Island (.cx) ?  :-)

Bill P.

Post a reply to this message

From: jr
Date: 3 Mar 2024 09:05:00
Message: <web.65e4834ea29b5d919764edb76cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

> > fyi, as of today, there have been visits from 173 different countries.
> Anyone from Christmas Island (.cx) ?  :-)

alas, no.  (I'll keep my eyes open though </grin>)

regards, jr.