POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Did Friedrich A. Lohmueller pass away? : Re: Did Friedrich A. Lohmueller pass away? Server Time
28 Apr 2024 11:16:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Did Friedrich A. Lohmueller pass away?
From: Chris Cason
Date: 18 Feb 2024 22:45:42
Message: <65d2cee6$1@news.povray.org>
Folks,

Just wanted to formally let you know that Friedrich's widow, Andrea, was willing to
transfer the f-lohmueller.de domain to us and we were able to reconstruct it via a
snapshot from the internet archive.

The domain is now hosted on povray.org. A number of changes were needed to make it
suitable for re-hosting, including removing outdated or broken components (e.g. the
hit counter) but it's fundamentally identical; we took a "light touch" approach in the
migration.

There is a memorial page added which is linked from the front page.

I'd like to thank Andrea for her assistance in transferring the domain and forum
regular JR for doing the majority of the work in getting the snapshot I grabbed into a
form suitable for re-hosting.

https://www.f-lohmueller.de/

-- Chris