POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Did Friedrich A. Lohmueller pass away? : Re: Did Friedrich A. Lohmueller pass away? Server Time
10 May 2024 13:47:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Did Friedrich A. Lohmueller pass away?
From: kurtz le pirate
Date: 19 Feb 2024 11:14:08
Message: <65d37e50$1@news.povray.org>
On 19/02/2024 04:44, Chris Cason wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Just wanted to formally let you know that Friedrich's widow, Andrea, was willing to
transfer the f-lohmueller.de domain to us and we were able to reconstruct it via a
snapshot from the internet archive.

> The domain is now hosted on povray.org. A number of changes were needed to make it
suitable for re-hosting, including removing outdated or broken components (e.g. the
hit counter) but it's fundamentally identical; we took a "light touch" approach in the
migration.

> There is a memorial page added which is linked from the front page.
>
> I'd like to thank Andrea for her assistance in transferring the domain and forum
regular JR for doing the majority of the work in getting the snapshot I grabbed into a
form suitable for re-hosting.

> https://www.f-lohmueller.de/
>
> -- Chris

great news. congratulations