POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Not grokking mesh camera Server Time
23 Apr 2024 11:10:11 EDT (-0400)
  Not grokking mesh camera (Message 11 to 17 of 17)
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Re: Not grokking mesh camera
Date: 5 May 2023 18:50:00
Message: <web.6455876669f793731f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
Josh English <Jos### [at] joshuarenglishcom> wrote:
> But bezier patches? That's a cruel challenge.

Not even remotely.

> I don't know how to
> convert a patch to a mesh in the first place. That's why I used them: to
> let POV-Ray do the hard work.

Mr. English, my dear Sir, TOK and I have done all of the hard work, and you may
generate a mesh of triangles from any Bezier patch that you wish.

You're not even subject to the u and v step limits for rendering the patch,
since you'll be custom generating the mesh in SDL.

Here ya go:

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'beziertrianglemesh.pov.txt' (11 KB)