POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Not grokking mesh camera : Re: Not grokking mesh camera Server Time
19 Apr 2024 21:03:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Not grokking mesh camera
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 7 May 2023 11:30:00
Message: <web.6457c38169f793731f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > this has set me on yet-another-unexpected-detour :-)
>
> first WIP, with the 'z' components of the triangle corners "jiggled", a little.
>

> regards, jr.

That's pretty cool.

I like the "blurred" effect that it gives.  I wonder if there's any way to fill
in some the graininess in the first pass, or maybe a custom convolution kernel
could be used for a second pass to "correct" the rgb 0 pixels that --- I guess
missed hitting anything in the scene.

What if you jiggle not every pixel randomly, but every row as a whole?

I can imagine that one could apply sine waves and other curves to the mesh and
get a sort of fun-house mirror effect ... maybe.

As I understand it, you can layer / sum mesh cameras?  Some interesting
experiments to be done there, I'm sure.

- BE