POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Not grokking mesh camera : Re: Not grokking mesh camera Server Time
19 Apr 2024 14:42:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Not grokking mesh camera
From: Josh English
Date: 8 May 2023 01:52:21
Message: <64588e15$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/7/2023 8:28 AM, Bald Eagle wrote:

> As I understand it, you can layer / sum mesh cameras?  Some interesting
> experiments to be done there, I'm sure.
>
> - BE

Exactly. I just posted an image of my desert towers with a cheesy effect
that took 4 hours to render, which is for me a long time.

The mesh_camera can fire many rays for each pixel, one ray per defined
mesh, and add them together.

And since you probably have a defined mesh, you can include it in the
scene file itself with a texture and it will effect every pixel. It's
kind of like screen.inc magic but with any projection type, even the
whacked out things mesh_cameras can do.

I'm still trying to solve a few problems and then I have to figure out
how to post my tutorial on what I've learned.

Josh