POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Not grokking mesh camera : Re: Not grokking mesh camera Server Time
19 Apr 2024 00:00:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Not grokking mesh camera
From: Josh English
Date: 8 May 2023 11:29:44
Message: <64591568$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/8/2023 5:53 AM, jr wrote:
> hi,

> yes.  as written, that is starting with stuff copied + modified from the
> distribution mesh_cam scene/inc, there isn't really a good way of picking a
> subset (of triangles) to treat separately.  (will put together an email, later
> or tomorrow)

Actually, I've been playing with that, too, but the image is not so
great because I'm a crappy modeller. This technique is based of Jaime's
macros. I've been directly calculation the location of each spline out
of stubbornness. Jaime relies on the trace function, which means you can
filter the triangles with an object. I think his method using trace is
superior to mine. I had to reinvent some wheels to get to a point of
understanding, though.

In the attached image the sky and clouds and "grass" are all fairly
normal (the "grass" is a plane at y=0), but the attempt at a starry
water scene is actually sitting at y=-20.

Cheers.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'portal_test.png' (153 KB)