POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Scattering media & media_interaction Server Time
3 Aug 2024 12:15:52 EDT (-0400)
  Scattering media & media_interaction (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Florian Brucker
Subject: Scattering media & media_interaction
Date: 14 Mar 2004 12:41:35
Message: <4054994f@news.povray.org>
When rendering the following scene, I don't understand the results:

If I use "media_interaction on" in the light_source, I got a red touch
on the image (as expected due to the red scattering media).

Whereas if I use "media_interaction off", I got a blue touch on the
image. Where does this blue come from? I'd expect the image to look like
no media was present at all when using "media_interaction off" on the
only light_source in the scene (as scattering media only works when
light is shining on it).

Here's the scene:
<POV>
sphere {
     0,1 hollow
     pigment { uv_mapping checker rgb 0 rgb 1 scale 0.01  }
     interior {
         media {
             scattering { 1,rgb <1,0,0> }
             density { rgb 1 }
         }
     }
}
camera { location 0 look_at -z }
light_source { 0, rgb 1 media_interaction off }
</POV>

Thanks for your help,
Florian

Post a reply to this message