POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Zazzle site is open Server Time
28 Apr 2024 19:29:13 EDT (-0400)
  Zazzle site is open (Message 11 to 18 of 18)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Subject: Re: Zazzle site is open
Date: 11 Mar 2003 22:57:49
Message: <3e6eb03d$1@news.povray.org>
"Renderdog" <slo### [at] hiwaaynet> wrote in message

> I searched Zazzle for an image under your name and came up blank. Can you
> provide a link or name?

I'm pterandon at:

http://www.zazzle.com/contributors/products/gallery/browse_results.asp?cid=2
38024427131949824

The images were IIRC done with Tierazon or its siblings.

Post a reply to this message

From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 13 Mar 2003 11:38:16
Message: <3E70B3F7.A6E4F8E8@gmx.de>
Gilles Tran wrote:

> [...]
>
> About the resolution, I know that it's low, but from what I've seen it's OK
> as posters are meant to be watched from a certain distance. Note that the
> Wet bird was enlarged x 1.5 so it's more fuzzy that it should be, not that
> it's abnormal for a image featuring rain. I'd like to render it bigger than
> 2400*3200 but it was done with Megapov and the fast focal blur feature
> freaks out on large image sizes. The image maps are too low-def anyway, so
> to create a very high definition version of this image I will have to do
> some additional 2d work and find a way to recreate the focal blur that looks
> good and doesn't take ages (even in post-process and lots of RAM it's not
> easy to do with 90Mb files).

For future post processing features in Megapov it will be taken care that
it can handle large image sizes if there is enough memory.  The problem
about focal blur is that it is not 'local' - you can't post process it
line by line and thereby saving a lot of memory.

HCR-Edit does handle such image sizes but you will probably run into
memory problems as well.  It allocates 3x32bit per pixel for the image and
the same size again for all modifications.  Plus 32 bit per pixel for the
depth map when doing post processing.  Apart from that focal blur will
take some time at that size...

Christoph