POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Zazzle site is open : Re: Zazzle site is open Server Time
13 May 2024 20:55:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Zazzle site is open
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 13 Mar 2003 13:10:13
Message: <3e70c985$1@news.povray.org>

3E70B3F7.A6E4F8E8@gmx.de...
> HCR-Edit does handle such image sizes but you will probably run into
> memory problems as well.  It allocates 3x32bit per pixel for the image and
> the same size again for all modifications.  Plus 32 bit per pixel for the
> depth map when doing post processing.  Apart from that focal blur will
> take some time at that size...

My only experience with post-processed focal blur on large images (min
3200*2400) so far has been with Gimp (Picture Publisher crashes). It worked
but each step of the whole process took a very, very, very long time (I let
it run at night...), and I couldn't find a way to control the "bleeding".
I've seen that HCR-Edit can control bleeding so I'll have a try some day.
"True" or "fake", focal blur in large pics with relatively complex content
is still an issue.

G.
--

http://www.oyonale.com