POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Balls! Server Time
6 Aug 2024 14:20:11 EDT (-0400)
  Balls! (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: jimbobjim
Subject: Balls!
Date: 23 Mar 2002 12:32:43
Message: <3c9cbc3b@news.povray.org>
Hey

Lets say I'm making an animation with a ball kicking about in a box -
obviously the ball needs to bounce off the box which is ok if I know the
dimensions of the box. But lets suppose I don't. So how do I achieve
collision detection?

I have a feeling that the answer lies in the trace() function but after
reading and re-reading the docs I still don't understand the concept. Is
there any tutorials anywhere for this sort of thing?

Thanks
jim

Post a reply to this message