POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Linux/Unix Survey Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:15:43 EDT (-0400)
  Linux/Unix Survey (Message 5 to 14 of 94)
<<< Previous 4 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Ole Laursen
Subject: Re: Linux/Unix Survey
Date: 12 Apr 2003 13:18:03
Message: <87fzonmy7j.fsf@bach.composers>
Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> writes:

> The TAG and The POV-Team are trying to get a better picture of how many
> people here use POV-Ray on a Linux/Unix based machine. If you do have it
> installed please respond to this message telling us on what version of
> Linux/Unix, how long you have been using it and what version of POV-Ray
> you are currently running. This information will be used to help better
> support this platform.

Debian GNU/Linux unstable, kernel is v. 2.4.20. Have been using it for
about 2 years now, I think (before that Red Hat). POV-Ray version is
3.50c, compiled and packaged by Debian.

--
Ole Laursen
http://www.cs.auc.dk/~olau/

Post a reply to this message

From: Jellby
Date: 12 Apr 2003 13:19:14
Message: <3e984a92@news.povray.org>
I'm using POV-Ray 3.5 on RedHat 7.3. I first installed linux last summer and
have been using it since then. My first POV was 1.0, I think, I got it with
a magazine and immediately fell in love with it ;)

--
light_source{9+9*x,1}camera{orthographic look_at(1-y)/4angle 30location
9/4-z*4}light_source{-9*z,1}union{box{.9-z.1+x clipped_by{plane{2+y-4*x

Post a reply to this message

> The TAG and The POV-Team are trying to get a better picture of how many
> people here use POV-Ray on a Linux/Unix based machine. If you do have it
> installed please respond to this message telling us on what version of
> Linux/Unix, how long you have been using it and what version of POV-Ray
> you are currently running. This information will be used to help better
> support this platform.
>

> Thanks for your help,

FreeBSD and Povray 3.5. I'm on FreeBSD for about a month.

Post a reply to this message

SuSE Linux 7.3 with Kernel 2.4.19 or 2.4.20, 5 years, Povray 3.5

Currently Compiling:
linuxfromscratch 4.0 with Kernel 2.4.20

 > [...] This information will be used to help better
 > support this platform.

Great! Ask if you need help with testing!

Regards,
Florian Pesth

Post a reply to this message