POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Linux/Unix Survey : Re: Linux/Unix Survey Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:31:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Linux/Unix Survey
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 12 Apr 2003 14:27:37
Message: <cjameshuff-E3432A.14273812042003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3E983F78.51A4D6FD@pacbell.net>, Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet>
wrote:

> The TAG and The POV-Team are trying to get a better picture of how many
> people here use POV-Ray on a Linux/Unix based machine. If you do have it
> installed please respond to this message telling us on what version of
> Linux/Unix, how long you have been using it and what version of POV-Ray
> you are currently running. This information will be used to help better
> support this platform.

Blue Box:
Mac OS X 10.2.5
350MHz PowerPC G3
384MB RAM
gcc (GCC) 3.1 20020420 (prerelease)

I've been using Mac OS X since the Public Beta.

Black Box:
Mandrake Linux 9.0
AthlonXP 2400+
512MB RAM
gcc (GCC) 3.2 (Mandrake Linux 9.0 3.2-1mdk)

And I've been using this since about last Christmas, when I got the
machine.

On both machines, I generally use jEdit to edit the scene files, and run
POV (compiled from source) from the command line. Recently I've
installed MegaPOV 1.0 on the Mac, and will probably be using that when I
need to do something locally on that machine.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/