POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Linux/Unix Survey : Re: Linux/Unix Survey Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:20:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Linux/Unix Survey
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 12 Apr 2003 13:53:56
Message: <3E9852B4.4324C87E@gmx.de>
Ken wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The TAG and The POV-Team are trying to get a better picture of how many
> people here use POV-Ray on a Linux/Unix based machine. If you do have it
> installed please respond to this message telling us on what version of
> Linux/Unix, how long you have been using it and what version of POV-Ray
> you are currently running.

I'm using Linux (SuSE 7.1) on own computers since 2001 and using POV on it
since the beginning.  Using POV in general since version 2.2.

A lot of different versions of POV-Ray currently in use, even when using
the plain official POV i tend to do my own build rather than the official
binary.

Also occasionally running POV on other Unix machines.

> This information will be used to help better
> support this platform.

Great.  An official RPM would probably be a good idea although a lot of
Linux distributions already include a version (SuSE seems to ship 3.5
since version 8.1).

Christoph