POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : This year's most ARROGANT email Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:17:54 EDT (-0400)
  This year's most ARROGANT email (Message 41 to 50 of 105)
From: Jerry Stratton
Subject: Re: This year's most ARROGANT email
Date: 23 Sep 1998 11:52:40
Message: <36090B39.FB51F0E3@acusd.edu>
Lance Birch wrote:

> What about the lowly Z-Buffer? ;-)
> And what about "The Zone" ;-)

Hey, come to think of it, I haven't seen a Z80 version of POV-Ray. That's
probably a bug.

:*)

Jerry

Post a reply to this message

From: Hendrik Knaepen
Date: 23 Sep 1998 15:45:57
Message: <360941D2.1FF0EF93@skynet.be>
Greg Sanders wrote:

> Well, I'm an American and I find it very aggravating that the rest of
> the
> world won't come around to OUR way of thinking.  I mean, doesn't it
> make a
> lot more sense to have 12 inches in a foot and 3 feet in a yard and
> 5280
> feet in a mile?  What's with all this base ten measuring systems?
> Zappameters and dayglometers or whatever!!
> Besides, "Z" is just a cool letter. :-)
>
> Just my two cents  (American currency, of course!)
>
> <MAJOR SNIP>
> >He's questioning _our_ intelligence ... ? ;)
> >
> >-- POV-Ray Webmaster

  I can understand that you (and with you, I mean most Americans) really
like your inches and feet; but if you're not used to it, it can be very
difficult to use.
So I just think that's just a matter of getting used to it.

You're right about the 'Z'.  It is a cool letter...  (My name starts
with an Z ;)
(No, my name isn't Hendrik, that's my brother.  My name is Zeger
Knaepen)

--
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
     Hendrik Knaepen (hen### [at] skynetbe)

Post a reply to this message

I'm only kidding about the inches and feet (well, I'm kidding about the
whole thing!)  I was raised with this crazy (crasy?  it just doesn't work
for everything!) system and I think that's why I am so bad at eyeballing
measurements.  It all boils down to this...  Do it your own way and don't
complain when everyone else doesn't!

This has got to be the longest thread I have ever seen!

Hendrik Knaepen wrote in message <360941D2.1FF0EF93@skynet.be>...
>Greg Sanders wrote:
>
>> Well, I'm an American and I find it very aggravating that the rest of
>> the
>> world won't come around to OUR way of thinking.  I mean, doesn't it
>> make a
>> lot more sense to have 12 inches in a foot and 3 feet in a yard and
>> 5280
>> feet in a mile?  What's with all this base ten measuring systems?
>> Zappameters and dayglometers or whatever!!
>> Besides, "Z" is just a cool letter. :-)
>>
>> Just my two cents  (American currency, of course!)
>>
>> <MAJOR SNIP>
>> >He's questioning _our_ intelligence ... ? ;)
>> >
>> >-- POV-Ray Webmaster
>
>  I can understand that you (and with you, I mean most Americans) really
>like your inches and feet; but if you're not used to it, it can be very
>difficult to use.
>So I just think that's just a matter of getting used to it.
>
>You're right about the 'Z'.  It is a cool letter...  (My name starts
>with an Z ;)
>(No, my name isn't Hendrik, that's my brother.  My name is Zeger
>Knaepen)
>
>--
>     Hendrik Knaepen (hen### [at] skynetbe)
>          Idee Software -- Vlaamse ShareWare
>            E-Mail: ide### [at] inamecom
>         WWW: http://www.surf.to/ideesoftware
>  Bezoek ons voor gratis Nederlandstalige spellen!

Post a reply to this message