POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : This year's most ARROGANT email : Re: Z - This year's most ARROGANT letter Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:26:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Z - This year's most ARROGANT letter
From: Scott Hill
Date: 24 Sep 1998 11:27:36
Message: <01bde7b5$8ba0a5e0$8c00a8c0@shindo>
Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote in article
<36054595.82F405B0@pacbell.net>...
> povray.org admin team wrote:
>
>     I agree with what you say although the British are not
> immune from doing the same thing. Take the common
> expressions "telly" and "uni" for the correct pronounciation
> of television and university.

<pointless pedantry>

	Actually "telly" and "uni" are abbreviations. And any how it's our
language do with what we please, the rest of you lot are just borrowing it.

<\pointless pedantry>

--
Scott Hill
Sco### [at] DDLinkscouk

"The best trick the devil ever pulled was convincing people he didn't
exist..."
								- Verbal Kint.

"the Internet is here so we can waste time talking about nothing in
 particular when we should be working" - Marcus Hill.