POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Storage of Trace Level Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:21:53 EDT (-0400)
  Storage of Trace Level (Message 11 to 14 of 14)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: Storage of Trace Level
Date: 28 Dec 2008 03:47:00
Message: <49573d04@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:
> Will a sort of "staged" set of "Trace" and "RadiosityFunction" instances help
> clean up this issue in 3.7, so that another instance of "Trace" is called for
> every Radiosity Bounce Level, and each "RadiosityFunction" instance would have
> a fixed bounce level to operate on?

Well, it does not (fully, at least) explain why some scenes are brighter in
3.7 in some areas.  It could indeed explain the dark spots though.

	Thorsten

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 28 Dec 2008 14:15:01
Message: <web.4957cf6fa6b043666d1632140@news.povray.org>
> Well, it does not (fully, at least) explain why some scenes are brighter in
> 3.7 in some areas.  It could indeed explain the dark spots though.

I haven't figured that one out yet, but at the moment I suspect side effects
from other parts of the lighting model. I'm getting quite close to the original
3.6 code at the moment, as far as the radiosity stuff goes.

One thing I noticed was that the balcony scene, when rendered without photons,
does not show the shadow of the drink, so obviously there's some more work to
be done than just radiosity.

Post a reply to this message