POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : too much flushing / slow pre/post parse Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:25:26 EDT (-0400)
  too much flushing / slow pre/post parse (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Rafal 'Raf256' Maj
Subject: too much flushing / slow pre/post parse
Date: 24 Apr 2004 23:05:56
Message: <Xns94D633C1AFF81raf256com@203.29.75.35>
From Pov 3.5 (or even 3.1) there still is a delay after and of render.
It is caused by
- closing/flushing output file, -f elimitase it
- flushing all streams, -Ga eliminates it partialy
- rendeing of message window slooowly scrolling (in Win32 version), hidding
messages window helps it.

but even with this there still is some delay.

Once I turned off everything (all outputs/streams etc) and then one render
took 0.05 second (it was ofcourse siiiimple image in 50x50 resolution), so
could accualy watch a little povray animtion in real time :)

It would be nice to make this behaviour default.

I.e make two render buttons - one designed for preview (no streams or
messages, is there is no errors), and one for normal render (all streams,
output file).

Later it would be very comfortable to have few render options (some of them
could be predefined, some could be defined in project file  project.pov
that will contain name of master *.pov to be rendered, and some INI options
to choose between, and... but thats more future ideas :)

--
http://www.raf256.com/3d/
Rafal Maj 'Raf256', home page - http://www.raf256.com/me/

Post a reply to this message