POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : too much flushing / slow pre/post parse : Re: too much flushing / slow pre/post parse Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:20:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: too much flushing / slow pre/post parse
From: Rafal 'Raf256' Maj
Date: 25 Apr 2004 07:29:18
Message: <Xns94D689184D2Draf256com@203.29.75.35>
tho### [at] trfde news:408b844e@news.povray.org

>> - rendeing of message window slooowly scrolling (in Win32 version),
>> hidding messages window helps it.
> Maybe you should get a faster graphics card if scrolling is too slow?
> - On the other hand, I have yet to see scrolling being slow, so
> probably your system is having other problems.  Maybe your graphics
> card driver is missing and Windos defaulted to the universal VGA
> driver?

GeForce 4 Fx :) This is *very* fast card. Ofcourse with newest drivers etc.

>> It would be nice to make this behaviour default.
> You can easily edit povray.ini if you want such a default.

But newbies to PovRay cant. Same thing as with Sound settings (greate job
btw).

>> I.e make two render buttons - one designed for preview (no streams or
>> messages, is there is no errors), and one for normal render (all
>> streams, output file).
> So POV-Ray is to magically predict there will be no errors or warnings
> and disable all output prior to even having parsed the scene?  Sure.

*TWO* render buttons.
Or even better three,
[Run preview]
[Run Normal]
[Run Finla]]

And in .ini files You could define i.e.

[run_preview]
-a -g -Ga

[run_normal]

[run_final]
+a0.03 +ar2 +am2

Ofcourse this is obvious for You, me, and other povray users.
But software designer realy should think as a normal-peopes, that dont have
a clue what .ini file is, and want to faslty have choose quality/speed,
without reading tons of help. No all pov-users are programmers You know :)

--
http://www.raf256.com/3d/
Rafal Maj 'Raf256', home page - http://www.raf256.com/me/