POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : too much flushing / slow pre/post parse : Re: too much flushing / slow pre/post parse Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:27:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: too much flushing / slow pre/post parse
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 25 Apr 2004 07:50:14
Message: <408ba5f6@news.povray.org>
In article <Xns94D689184D2Draf256com@203.29.75.35>, "Rafal 'Raf256' Maj"
<spa### [at] raf256com> wrote:

> And in .ini files You could define i.e.
>
> [run_preview]
> -a -g -Ga
>
> [run_normal]
>
> [run_final]
> +a0.03 +ar2 +am2
>

> Ofcourse this is obvious for You, me, and other povray users.
> But software designer realy should think as a normal-peopes, that dont have
> a clue what .ini file is, and want to faslty have choose quality/speed,
> without reading tons of help. No all pov-users are programmers You know :)

Did you actually think about the consequences of your suggestion?
Essentially when previewing a scene during development of said scene you
could not see any errors.  Nor could new users see it.  POV-Ray would just
stop!

It should be absolutely obvious that neither new users nor any user for that
matter should be offered a user interface that shows no information in the
event of errors or warnings.  If an advanced users really elects to not care
about any errors and warnings it might be acceptable.  However, for a
default configuration to just not show any problems at all is about as wrong
as user interface design can possibly be!

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde