POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray v3.8.0-alpha.10011104 Server Time
29 Mar 2024 10:08:41 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray v3.8.0-alpha.10011104 (Message 25 to 34 of 34)
From: William F Pokorny
Subject: Re: POV-Ray v3.8.0-alpha.10011104
Date: 14 Jan 2019 12:16:43
Message: <5c3cc3fb$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/14/19 11:39 AM, clipka wrote:
> Am 14.01.2019 um 15:07 schrieb William F Pokorny:
>
>> File 'Sig00.pov' line 2: Parse Warning: Float value promoted to full
>> color vector where both filter and transmit >0.0.
>> File 'Sig00.pov' line 1: Parse Error: End of file reached but #end
>> expected.
>> Fatal error in parser: Cannot parse input.
>> Render failed
>
> Traced this down to a bug in the scanner that kicks in whenever two
> consecutive returns from a macro or include file jump back to the same
> binary offset in (formally) different input streams
>
> One such scenario is the return from a macro that has called itself
> recursively and hasn't called other macros since.

Cool. Glad you found it.

Bill P.

Post a reply to this message

From: William F Pokorny
Date: 14 Jan 2019 12:23:12
Message: <5c3cc580$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/13/19 5:07 PM, clipka wrote:
> Am 13.01.2019 um 23:04 schrieb clipka:
>> Another known issue:
>
> Users building their own binaries (most notably Unix users) may also use
> `source/core/shape/truetype.cpp` from the latest master, which should
> fix the issue:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/POV-Ray/povray/master/source/core/shape/truetype.cpp

Stuff still running. I've turned up several more of the macro/include
return type.

One of our standard shipped scene files fails due a form feed character
'0c' very near the end the end of the file. That scene is:

.../distribution/scenes/objects/superel2.pov

and here I think we just need to update that scene file.

Bill P.

Post a reply to this message