POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray v3.8.0-alpha.10011104 Server Time
19 Apr 2024 16:37:58 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray v3.8.0-alpha.10011104 (Message 15 to 24 of 34)
From: jr
Subject: Re: POV-Ray v3.8.0-alpha.10011104
Date: 13 Jan 2019 17:30:00
Message: <web.5c3bbaf02cb80e7848892b50@news.povray.org>
hi,

> Users building their own binaries (most notably Unix users) may also use
> `source/core/shape/truetype.cpp` from the latest master, which should
> fix the issue:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/POV-Ray/povray/master/source/core/shape/truetype.cpp

thanks.  got the files, will recompile etc by midweek or so.

regards, jr.

Post a reply to this message

From: Kenneth
Date: 13 Jan 2019 19:45:01
Message: <web.5c3bdb322cb80e78cd98345b0@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> I used a reduced version of the 'pav-patt.pov' for the test, with the
> latest (ie 10011104) alpha.  it crashes when T2 "visible":
>
> #declare T2 = text {
>   ttf "arialbd.ttf"
>   0.001 0
>   pigment { color rgb 0.1 }
>   no_shadow
> };

T2 when used also hard-crashes in Windows (Win7 Ultimate). But the behavior is
strange-- sometimes it doesn't crash for the first 4 out of 5 runs (for
example), sometimes on the first run-- then with a Windows message "... a memory
access violation has occured at ..."

Otherwise, I've run approximately 40 of my own scenes-- with arrays,
user-defined functions, and other text objects in the mix-- and everything works
fine, so far. But my own text objects are of this form...

text{
internal 1 "my text here"

.....rather than
text{