POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray v3.8.0-alpha.10011104 : Re: POV-Ray v3.8.0-alpha.10011104 Server Time
18 Apr 2024 06:42:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray v3.8.0-alpha.10011104
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 14 Jan 2019 09:07:50
Message: <5c3c97b6$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/13/19 5:07 PM, clipka wrote:
> Am 13.01.2019 um 23:04 schrieb clipka:
>> Another known issue:
>>
>> Scenes making use of `text` primitives may cause a parse error or even
>> hard crash under certain circumstances. This time the Windows version
>> must also be considered vulnerable.
>
> Users building their own binaries (most notably Unix users) may also use
> `source/core/shape/truetype.cpp` from the latest master, which should
> fix the issue:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/POV-Ray/povray/master/source/core/shape/truetype.cpp

Running master at commit f9e8bce or I believe with the change above. The
attached file (Someone's signature scene) from my parser testing
collection gives:

==== [Parsing...] ==========================================================
File 'Sig00.pov' line 2: Parse Warning: Float value promoted to full
color vector where both filter and transmit >0.0.
File 'Sig00.pov' line 1: Parse Error: End of file reached but #end expected.
Fatal error in parser: Cannot parse input.
Render failed

It renders fine in other versions OK.

Unfortunately a change in my own tcl code base caused problems running
the complete set of test cases... Off to fix that and try the complete
set again.

Bill P.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: