POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray v3.8.0-alpha.10011104 : Re: POV-Ray v3.8.0-alpha.10011104 Server Time
19 Apr 2024 18:52:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray v3.8.0-alpha.10011104
From: clipka
Date: 13 Jan 2019 22:08:55
Message: <5c3bfd47$1@news.povray.org>
Am 14.01.2019 um 01:43 schrieb Kenneth:

> T2 when used also hard-crashes in Windows (Win7 Ultimate). But the behavior is
> strange-- sometimes it doesn't crash for the first 4 out of 5 runs (for
> example), sometimes on the first run-- then with a Windows message "... a memory
> access violation has occured at ..."

Yeah, memory access violations do that: Sometimes the memory accessed
happens to hold something that the process can legally read.

> Otherwise, I've run approximately 40 of my own scenes-- with arrays,
> user-defined functions, and other text objects in the mix-- and everything works
> fine, so far. But my own text objects are of this form...
>
> text{
> internal 1 "my text here"

You shouldn't use that syntax. Quoth the docs:

"It should be noted that this is only a preliminary solution so the
benchmark program will run without installing POV-Ray. Future versions
may lack this mechanism, so in scene files (other than the built-in
benchmark) you should continue to reference the external font files as
before."