POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : v3.7 example scenes Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:26:11 EDT (-0400)
  v3.7 example scenes (Message 31 to 40 of 93)
From: Chambers
Subject: Re: v3.7 example scenes
Date: 26 Jul 2008 15:47:08
Message: <488b7f3c$1@news.povray.org>
Sabrina Kilian wrote:
> The last thing we need to agree on might be an ideal image format to
> test with. I'm not familiar with the technical differences between Targa
> and PNG, could anyone else chime in if we might notice certain
> differences that appear in one or the other, or at certain bit depths?

Either is OK, as both are lossless formats (ie, they should result in
the exact same image).

...Chambers

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 28 Jul 2008 15:42:23
Message: <488e211f@news.povray.org>
Hola,

I've completed a review of the v3.7 example scenes. A picture is worth a
1000 words so I've attached a pie chart showing the breakdown.
I also wrote a quick shell script to help target potential resourse
bottlenecks. I just produced this stuff so I've not had much time to think
about how to divide it up yet. Any thoughts? Finally I'm wondering if there
is a need to restate what it is we are going to be doing, image file
formats, what AA to use, etc and include it in a single document that we can
all read comment on and agree to before digging in. I'd hate to be halfway
through and find out that "Hey!!!! that's not what we agreed on!"

If I'm not stepping on any toes I'll commit to pulling togeather a mission
statement. I think this is may be the final piece before proceeding. Shout
if you don't agree!

This are the strings I looked for:
isosurface {
scattering {