POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : v3.7 example scenes : Re: v3.7 example scenes Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:35:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: v3.7 example scenes
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 30 Jul 2008 07:46:37
Message: <4890549d@news.povray.org>
"Christian Froeschlin" <chr### [at] chrfrde> wrote in message
> Jim Holsenback wrote:
>
>> This are the strings I looked for:
>> isosurface {
>> scattering {
>> radiosity {
>
> I think you place too much trust in consistent coding
> style here ;) e.g., in 3.6, the following scenes use
> "radiosity{" without a space:

oooo .... good point. perhaps just looking for the keyword (no brace) would
be better.

> advanced\balcony\balcony.pov(67)
> advanced\blocks\stackerday.pov(40)
> advanced\blocks\stackernight.pov(41)
> radiosity\cornell.pov

easy enough to change the script I used to hunt for these occurances. i'll
see if the count changes by much. maybe I should be looking for photons
keyword as well.

> and there may be more using the prettier way (troll troll)
> of opening the curly brace on the next line ;)

i think omitting the brace might give a better snapshot of whats out there
..... a ballpark estime anyway

Jim