POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : v3.7 example scenes : Re: v3.7 example scenes Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:32:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: v3.7 example scenes
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 29 Jul 2008 18:48:33
Message: <488f9e40@news.povray.org>
Chris Cason wrote:
> Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
>> Do the same as for the Insert menu. Put small images in the package and
>> have an automatic way to re-render them at a bigger size.
>
> I could, but I suspect that 99% of people wouldn't bother (and/or wouldn't
> know). Most would, I feel, rather just point and click, even if that
> involves pulling down the images from the internet. (We could provide a
> downloadable set of the large images at the same site).

What if it renders from the last in the list, downloads from the first in
the list, and calls it done when they meet in the middle? That way it'd
fully use both network and CPU resources :)

Bonus points for ordering the list by render time : file size ratio
(download the slowest to render, render the slow to download).