POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Source code status Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:20:07 EDT (-0400)
  Source code status (Message 18 to 27 of 27)
From: Fredrik Eriksson
Subject: Re: Source code status
Date: 13 Feb 2008 16:49:20
Message: <op.t6hf8ha97bxctx@e6600.bredbandsbolaget.se>
On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 10:06:07 +0100, Chris Cason
<del### [at] deletethistoopovrayorg> wrote:
> Frederik

Hmpf!

Some preliminary remarks:

Building the editor dlls requires that you have the ATL libraries and
headers installed. They are included in the default installation options
of VC2k5, but can be deselected. Not a big deal, but worth mentioning in
the build instructions.

Using the 'DEVELOPMENT' macro to make POV-Ray search for the editor dlls
in the 'codemax' directory (as described in the readme) does not work,
because it looks for them in the wrong place. POV-Ray looks for
'"..\\codemax\\" BINDIRNAME "\\" EDITDLLNAME', but it should be
'"..\\..\\codemax\\" BINDIRNAME "\\" EDITDLLNAME'.

The linker fails to link in the debug info in 'vc80.pdb' because it is not
in the same directory as 'povcore-debug.lib' (one is in 'Win32 Debug', the
other in 'bin32'). I have not yet investigated what impact this has on
debugging.

Compilation produced no errors though, and the resulting executable seems
to work fine. I have not attempted to add OpenEXR yet.

--
FE

Post a reply to this message