POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Source code status : Re: Source code status Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:23:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Source code status
From: Fredrik Eriksson
Date: 14 Feb 2008 07:00:07
Message: <op.t6ijmgep7bxctx@e6600.bredbandsbolaget.se>
On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 12:02:17 +0100, Chris Cason
<del### [at] deletethistoopovrayorg> wrote:
> strange ... it works here (I built from the same zip you used, loaded the
> EXE, then used process explorer to confirm that the local copy of the
> DLL's
> was loaded). note that visual studio (at least, VS 2005) sets the working
> directory to that of the project, rather than that containing the EXE.

That explains it. I was running pvengine.exe directly from the 'bin32'
directory.

Another thing I noticed:
Since the executable name and path is identical for all configurations
(Debug, Release and SSE2), it is rather cumbersome to switch between them.
It would be preferable to have separate names and/or paths.

--
FE