POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Source code status : Re: Source code status Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:23:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Source code status
From: Chris Cason
Date: 14 Feb 2008 06:02:17
Message: <47b41fb9$1@news.povray.org>
Fredrik Eriksson wrote:
> Using the 'DEVELOPMENT' macro to make POV-Ray search for the editor dlls
> in the 'codemax' directory (as described in the readme) does not work,
> because it looks for them in the wrong place. POV-Ray looks for
> '"..\\codemax\\" BINDIRNAME "\\" EDITDLLNAME', but it should be
> '"..\\..\\codemax\\" BINDIRNAME "\\" EDITDLLNAME'.

strange ... it works here (I built from the same zip you used, loaded the
EXE, then used process explorer to confirm that the local copy of the DLL's
was loaded). note that visual studio (at least, VS 2005) sets the working
directory to that of the project, rather than that containing the EXE.

if you add the '/debug' switch to the command-line options in the project
settings, and then run pvengine, you should get a c:\povdebug.txt file,
containing something like the following:

  CWD is d:\Temp\povwin-src-3.7\windows\vs 2005

What does your one give?

-- Chris