POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Block rendering Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:26:10 EDT (-0400)
  Block rendering (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Slime
Subject: Block rendering
Date: 13 Aug 2005 18:57:19
Message: <42fe7acf$1@news.povray.org>
I find that as I work with 3.7 I miss being able to see my image appear one
line at a time. It would be nice if blocks were displayed as they rendered.
This could be done one line at a time, or maybe with a fixed refresh rate,
or maybe one line at a time with a minimum/maximum refresh rate. Another
possibility would be the option to change the block shape, so I could use
really long and thin blocks and the image would (sort of) be drawn from the
top down like in 3.6.

Of course, this isn't so important for a final render, so maybe it's not
something that needs to be considered until mosaic preview is reimplemented.
I just wanted to mention that this is a minor frustration for me (and may be
for other users).

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]

Post a reply to this message

> I find that as I work with 3.7 I miss being able to see my image appear one
> line at a time. It would be nice if blocks were displayed as they rendered.

  How much overhead would this add to the rendering (especially when
rendering long animations where each frame is very quick to render)?

--

                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message