POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Block rendering : Block rendering Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:32:49 EDT (-0400)
  Block rendering
From: Slime
Date: 13 Aug 2005 18:57:19
Message: <42fe7acf$1@news.povray.org>
I find that as I work with 3.7 I miss being able to see my image appear one
line at a time. It would be nice if blocks were displayed as they rendered.
This could be done one line at a time, or maybe with a fixed refresh rate,
or maybe one line at a time with a minimum/maximum refresh rate. Another
possibility would be the option to change the block shape, so I could use
really long and thin blocks and the image would (sort of) be drawn from the
top down like in 3.6.

Of course, this isn't so important for a final render, so maybe it's not
something that needs to be considered until mosaic preview is reimplemented.
I just wanted to mention that this is a minor frustration for me (and may be
for other users).

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]