POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : darker images, and some other problems in my test renders Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:26:18 EDT (-0400)
  darker images, and some other problems in my test renders (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Subject: darker images, and some other problems in my test renders
Date: 27 Jul 2005 16:49:53
Message: <42e7f371@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I tried rendering Insert Menu bitmaps with POV-Ray 3.7 beta 7 and I got
quite dark images. Is this a bug with gamma correction? I saw in "Known
issues which will be fixed" that "There are some differences in the way
gamma correction works." so maybe this is a known bug.

I also got some odd artefacts with the crackle pattern in the insert menu.
It looks like a tiled boxed pattern (!) with noise (like interference). I
will post an image to beta-test.binaries.
That "interference" can also be seen in camera/normal.pov.

Another thing, camera/focalblur.pov and the focal blur in the
insert menu seem to hang povray, is it because of AA and my lack of
patience? I couldn't see any rendered block in 10 minutes! (Pentuim IV
3GHz).

Tested on the 32-bit executable.

Thanks for this great raytracer!
Nicolas