POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : darker images, and some other problems in my test renders : Re: darker images, and some other problems in my test renders Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:28:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: darker images, and some other problems in my test renders
From: Invisible
Date: 1 Aug 2005 04:49:02
Message: <42ede1fe@news.povray.org>
> SSE is Streaming SIMD (Single Instruction Multiple Data) Extensions; which
> means processing more than one thing at a time, as simply as I understand
> it.

More precisely, it allows you to perform the same mathematical operation
on several numbers simultaneously. (Which is probably very useful for,
say, vector calculations - except that I imagine POV-Ray does all that
kind of thing at very high precition, which SSE2 won't support.)

FWIW, SSE2 is an extension of SSE is an extension of MMX. In case you
wondered.