POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : darker images, and some other problems in my test renders : Re: darker images, and some other problems in my test renders Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:23:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: darker images, and some other problems in my test renders
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 30 Jul 2005 21:06:26
Message: <42ec2412@news.povray.org>

news:42e7f5c9$1@news.povray.org...

>  Focal blur already takes long to render without anti-aliasing, but with
> anti-aliasing on it takes even longer.

But I have a 3 GHz computer, I tried the camera/focalblur.pov scene
*without* antialias at 160x120, I got no pixel in 5 minutes (I stopped the
render after that time). I just rendered the whole image in a 800x600
resolution using POV-Ray 3.6.1 (no antialias, of course) and it took 31
seconds.

Appart from that, once I start the render in 3.7, if I stop it, POV-Ray
hangs! I'm using the 32 bit version. (let me ask, what is SSE?)

Happy coding :D