POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Colour clipping. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:22:41 EDT (-0400)
  Colour clipping. (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: Trevor Quayle
Subject: Colour clipping.
Date: 30 Nov 2001 08:02:45
Message: <3c078375$1@news.povray.org>
I've discussed colour clipping in the other groups before but never really
got a clear answer on what I really wanted to know.
When a colour is clipped, is it clipped by povray when it writes the output
file or somewhere else.  If it is clipped by POV-Ray, is it possible to have
POV clip it proportionally so that rgb<100,50,0> would get clipped to
<1,.5,0> (orange) and not to <1,1,0> (yellow).  I don't know if this is
simple or if it is out of POV's control.  I like using bright colours for
light sources sometimes and this limits that technique to using pure colours
(i.e., only 1s and 0s)

-tgq

Post a reply to this message