POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Colour clipping. : Re: Colour clipping. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:12:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Colour clipping.
From: Rune
Date: 30 Nov 2001 12:36:50
Message: <3c07c3b2@news.povray.org>
"Thorsten Froehlich" wrote:
> I said it works this way "every since there has
> been POV-Ray", ***not*** that it always worked
> this way only in POV-Ray 3.1.  How about actually
> reading what I say before picking on it???

Not all users have versions of POV-Ray installed prior to version 3.1. And
you said "Simply trying it out in 3.1 ***or*** earlier could have answered
the question." I find that you implied that trying it out in POV-Ray 3.1
would be enough to find out if it was a bug. Demanding the user to test it
in earlier versions than that would be unfair anyway IMO.

> Please don't take half of my sentence away and
> then put words in my mouth.

I find the rest of the sentence irrelevant. I think most POV-Ray users are
not active in the POV-Ray society at all. But I agree that the fact that
there hasn't been a patch or much discussion indicates that the need has not
been particularly strong among most users.

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Nov 5)