POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Alpha problems: text is not antialiased Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:30:46 EDT (-0400)
  Alpha problems: text is not antialiased (Message 1 to 10 of 30)
From: Alex Falappa
Subject: Alpha problems: text is not antialiased
Date: 8 Nov 2001 05:12:20
Message: <3bea5a84$1@news.povray.org>
Hi all,
while experimenting with producing an alpha channel in output images I came
across what seems a bug (maybe related to that reported by John David
Haiducek in the thread "Alpha output"):
- text object are not antialiased against the background (they do against
other objects) using alpha output on and method 1
- text object are antialiased oddly against the background using alpha
output on and method 2

Environments:
Pov 3.5beta7, Win2000professional, Dual celeron 400 mhz, 320 Mb RAM
Pov 3.5beta7, Win98SE, PentiumIII 650mhz, 384 Mb RAM

Test scene:

#version 3.5
// try to render with:
// +UA +A0.1 +R3 +FN8
// +UA +A0.1 +AM2 +R3 +FN8

global_settings {
//  assumed_gamma 1.0
 max_trace_level 4
}
background { color rgb <1,1,1> }

// ----------------------------------------
camera {
  orthographic
  location <0,0,1>
  look_at  <0,0,0>
  right 1*x
  up 1*y
}
// ----------------------------------------

box {
  <-0.5, 0, 0>, <0, 0.5, 0>
  texture {
    pigment {
      checker color rgbt <.6,.5,.4,.2> color rgbt <.8,.9,1,.2>
    }
    finish {
      ambient 1.0
      diffuse 0.0
    }
 scale .25
  }
}
box {
  <0, 0, 0>, <0.5, 0.5, 0>
  texture {
    pigment {
      checker color rgbf <.6,.5,.4,.2> color rgbf <.8,.9,1,.2>
    }
    finish {
      ambient 1.0
      diffuse 0.0