POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Alpha problems: text is not antialiased : Re: Alpha problems: text is not antialiased Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:28:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alpha problems: text is not antialiased
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 8 Nov 2001 12:12:42
Message: <3beabd0a@news.povray.org>
In article <3beaaf3a@news.povray.org> , Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg>  wrote:

> Thorsten Froehlich <tho### [at] trfde> wrote:
> : I tried both, and I don't see a problem other than the one described - in
> : the Mac version the user can turn on and off the alpha-channel preview of
> : the image in the preview window (since 3.1).  So I can see the imae witha dn
> : without in direct comparison easily.
>
>   When I render the example scene without +ua, all parts of the the text is
> antialiased equally.
>   If I render it with +ua (and antialiasing method 1), then the part of the
> text which has only background behind it doesn't get antialiased (while the
> part which has the boxes behind does). The preview of POV-Ray shows clearly
> this and when I open the resulting image with Gimp, it is identical (that is,
> the edges really aren't antialiased in those parts).

I have posted versions of the image with alpha-channel display and without
in p.b-t.binaries.  The image is rendered with method 1 and the Mac preview
window magnification is set to 400%.  Tell me if this is the same you see,
and if so, what is supposed to be different and where.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde