POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Animated textures Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:19:41 EDT (-0400)
  Animated textures (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Vampyrium
Subject: Animated textures
Date: 8 Nov 2001 01:31:27
Message: <3bea26bf@news.povray.org>
-Hail

  I made a macro that puts an image_map {} in the pigment statement and it
changes the file name of the image so that I have animations as textures.
The sequence has to follow filename000.xxx...filename001.xxx and so on. It
works well apart from the fact that in each frame the image is not cleared
from memory and after a few frames memory usage goes quite high, especially
if large image maps are used. I didnt test it in other situations but it
should be the same.

Post a reply to this message

>   I made a macro that puts an image_map {} in the pigment statement and it
> changes the file name of the image so that I have animations as textures.
> The sequence has to follow filename000.xxx...filename001.xxx and so on. It
> works well apart from the fact that in each frame the image is not cleared
> from memory and after a few frames memory usage goes quite high, especially
> if large image maps are used. I didnt test it in other situations but it
> should be the same.

Could you please provide a small scene?  You find details how to report bugs
in the welcome message of this group or read the web news copy of it at
<http://news.povray.org/povray.beta-test/*/116102/>.

In general you should not only include assumptions why a problem appears
because this information alone is most likely useless for the POV-Team.
What we need to have is an easy (read: we don't have to create a scene) way
to reproduce the problem in order to fix it.

Thanks for understanding,

    Thorsten

Post a reply to this message