POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Animated textures : Animated textures Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:25:57 EDT (-0400)
  Animated textures
From: Vampyrium
Date: 8 Nov 2001 01:31:27
Message: <3bea26bf@news.povray.org>
-Hail

  I made a macro that puts an image_map {} in the pigment statement and it
changes the file name of the image so that I have animations as textures.
The sequence has to follow filename000.xxx...filename001.xxx and so on. It
works well apart from the fact that in each frame the image is not cleared
from memory and after a few frames memory usage goes quite high, especially
if large image maps are used. I didnt test it in other situations but it
should be the same.