POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Animated textures : Re: Animated textures Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:31:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animated textures
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 8 Nov 2001 03:35:25
Message: <3bea43cd@news.povray.org>
In article <3bea26bf@news.povray.org> , "Vampyrium" <cyb### [at] hotmailcom>
wrote:

>   I made a macro that puts an image_map {} in the pigment statement and it
> changes the file name of the image so that I have animations as textures.
> The sequence has to follow filename000.xxx...filename001.xxx and so on. It
> works well apart from the fact that in each frame the image is not cleared
> from memory and after a few frames memory usage goes quite high, especially
> if large image maps are used. I didnt test it in other situations but it
> should be the same.

Could you please provide a small scene?  You find details how to report bugs
in the welcome message of this group or read the web news copy of it at
<http://news.povray.org/povray.beta-test/*/116102/>.

In general you should not only include assumptions why a problem appears
because this information alone is most likely useless for the POV-Team.
What we need to have is an easy (read: we don't have to create a scene) way
to reproduce the problem in order to fix it.

Thanks for understanding,

    Thorsten