POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : (Mac) Scenes/Portfolio Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:22:18 EDT (-0400)
  (Mac) Scenes/Portfolio (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Tom Stone
Subject: (Mac) Scenes/Portfolio
Date: 16 Oct 2001 09:45:09
Message: <tom.stone-1610011609220001@d212-151-247-209.swipnet.se>
Is there a problem with the handling of .ini-files?
I've tried to render the portfolio folder, but nothing useful appears. In
the readme file it says that a lot of png images will be rendered, but
just a single tga image gets rendered for each pov file.

Also, the ini file for "t_textures.pov" is lacking a letter in its name.

--
Tom Stone
Domarebacken 42, 14557 Norsborg, Sweden

On Tue, 16 Oct 2001 16:09:22 +0100, tom### [at] swipnetse (Tom Stone)
wrote:

>Is there a problem with the handling of .ini-files?
>I've tried to render the portfolio folder, but nothing useful appears. In
>the readme file it says that a lot of png images will be rendered, but
>just a single tga image gets rendered for each pov file.

You have to render the .ini files for the multiple images to be
rendered. To start the 'slideshow' add all the .ini files from the
portfolio directory to the render queue and let it rip. Works fine in
beta 6.

/Erkki

Post a reply to this message

>You have to render the .ini files for the multiple images to be
>rendered. To start the 'slideshow' add all the .ini files from the
>portfolio directory to the render queue and let it rip. Works fine in
>beta 6.

Thanks Erkki,

I thought that it was a problem with the Mac handling of INI files, but if
you got it to work on your Mac, then I'm obviously doing something very
wrong.

Could you please give me more details of how you render the INI files?
And also your Mac/system configuration.

--
Tom Stone
Domarebacken 42, 14557 Norsborg, Sweden
Phone: Int+46 8 5318 4318, Tel: 08-5318 4318
http://home5.swipnet.se/~w-52256/index.htm

On Wed, 17 Oct 2001 12:57:03 +0100, tom### [at] swipnetse (Tom Stone)
wrote:
>I thought that it was a problem with the Mac handling of INI files, but if
>you got it to work on your Mac, then I'm obviously doing something very
>wrong.
>
>Could you please give me more details of how you render the INI files?
>And also your Mac/system configuration.

ooops, didn't see the question as Mac specific. Sorry about that. I
don't have Mac access so I can't help you at all. Under Windows you
just open the .ini file in the POV-Ray editor and then click render,
isn't it the same on the Mac ??

/Erkki

Post a reply to this message

> just open the .ini file in the POV-Ray editor and then click render,
> isn't it the same on the Mac ??

No, ever since there has been POV-Ray/DKBTrace on the Mac there has been a
dialog to make the settings...

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde