POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Will not render Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:13:24 EDT (-0400)
  Will not render (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Steve Wilson
Subject: Will not render
Date: 17 Oct 2001 01:04:19
Message: <3bcd1153$1@news.povray.org>
I have been threw all the options, but Moray 3.3 will not send valid files
to Povray, the Povray will work fine if I load a file that was already
started but not a modified file from Moray.  Any idea what I should do?

It should be known that I am not familiar with Moray or Povray, but I learn
quickly.  I just need to get the program runing.  Thanks.

Contact me at s_w### [at] hotmailcom
Copy of Status Window Follows

Command Line Error: Unrecognized output file format X.

Returned from renderer with error status

Preset INI file is 'C:\PROGRAM FILES\POV-RAY FOR WINDOWS
V3.5\renderer\quickres.ini', section is '[512x384, No AA]'.
Preset source file is 'C:\Program Files\POV-Ray for Windows
v3.5\Tutor02d.INI'.
Persistence of Vision(tm) Ray Tracer Version 3.5.beta.6 win32 (.icl)
  This is a time-limited beta test version.  No re-distribution
   of any sort is permitted.

Post a reply to this message

>I have been threw all the options, but Moray 3.3 will not send valid files
>to Povray, the Povray will work fine if I load a file that was already
>started but not a modified file from Moray.  Any idea what I should do?

The files sent by Moray are perfectly valid.

>Command Line Error: Unrecognized output file format X.

This is (I think) a known problem with Moray.  POV-Ray's interpretation of
some of the command-line parameters changed slightly in POV-Ray 3.5, and
Moray now sends an invalid command line.  The workaround (for now) is to use
Moray with POV-Ray 3.1g.

--
Mark

Post a reply to this message