POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Will not render : Re: Will not render Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:27:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Will not render
From: Bob H
Date: 17 Oct 2001 20:49:35
Message: <3bce271f@news.povray.org>
"Lutz Kretzschmar" <lut### [at] stmuccom> wrote in message
> Hi Steve Wilson, you recently wrote in povray.beta-test:
>
> > ... now povray will not fully render the objects,
> What do you mean by this?
>
> > .. and will only show the background if it is a reflection, anyone
> > have any ideas how to get this working?
> This could be due to the alpha channel being active (I think). Maybe
> someone else can jump in here.... Warp?

Sounds plausible.  If hf_gray_16 is in the global_settings and alpha output
is also on while a sky_sphere is used too then the objects in the scene will
be semitransparent.  But that's three things used together which isn't
normally done outside of Moray anyway, maybe Steve has put a lot of stuff
together and should attempt to whittle it down to a very basic, simple scene
to troubleshoot from.  *If* that is the case.

Bob H.